4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Grey exclamation mark Google Maps (Google My Business)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having an issue with Google My Business listing. There is an exclamation mark showing in the front end of the listing. In the back end, or the admin section, I don't see any issues. I've even deleted all the photos several times to try to clear it out, but nothing helps. I can't even report the photo because it says "can't connect" 

When did this happen: when the ownership of the page was changed between two google accounts. We moved the ownership from a basic gmail account to a G-suite account. Over 3 weeks ago. 

Business listing name: Innergy Integrative Medicine 

Address: 116 N Maryland Ave Suite 120, Glendale, CA 91206

Google listing: https://www.google.com/search?q=innergy+integrative+medicine&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS718US718&oq=innergy+&aq...

Google Map photo section screenshot.Google Map photo section screenshot.Capture2.JPGTrying to Report the issue... "Can't Connect"Trying to Report the issue... "Can't Connect"

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Hamlik A Do you have the original pictures that are not showing now? I assume you have management control of the listing with the new account. I would repost the correct photos from the control panel making sure they meet the size requirements. Above you show all tab and what is missing. Do you have pictures on the owner tab?  The algorithm should push the good pictures back to the top. Sometimes it takes a little time for the pictures to show up. Has this been over  a week that the problem is still showing

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

this exclamation mark appears for some days after you removed a photo from the listing.

GMB always needs some time (few days or weeks) to update the appearance on their front end.

Re: Grey exclamation mark Google Maps (Google My Business)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David W Cox Yes I have the original pictures. They are older photos of the office, that's why I've removed them. But they are good quality photos. I have management control of the account. And I've tried reposting them, but it didn't help.

The owner tab also has photos in it. And it has been 3 weeks. 

Capture25.JPG

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler True, but it has been over 3 weeks now. When I add or remove photos, at least in my experience, it updates almost immediately. I tried contacting GMB (1-844-491-9665), but they just said wait another 2-3 weeks... -_- 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

haha @Hamlik A

Should I  know more or better as the guys of GMB as contacted by you?

I'm btw  not aware such a phone (1-844-491-9665) for GMB support.

isn't it an adwords support number?

Re: Grey exclamation mark Google Maps (Google My Business)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler  I'm not sure about the number either. I got it from Google chat support people after waiting to chat with them for over 2 hours... lol 

But here is what I tried just now. I uploaded the photos with the exact file name again using a personal account (not the business account that's the owner of the GMB). Now on the photos it says that they are 34 weeks old, even though I just uploaded them. So it seems like Google didn't empty the cache... idk what else it could be. 

Capture30.JPG

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Hamlik A

this is indeed a very interesting feedback.
Thanks so much for sharing it.