My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Googlemybusiness catergory problems.

N/A
# 1
N/A

I run a business that does Photo Booth Rentals. My business is Burleson Productions' Grab a Prop and Smile Photo Booth. Website is www.burlesonproductions.com. I set up a Googlemybusiness page and when I try to put in Photo Booth as a category  it tells me there is no such category. However, if you Google "photo booth rental" all my competition  shows up. I put in the category "Party equipment rental" and "photographer" my website shows up under those categories, but everyone looks for a photo booth under "photo booth." I have called and emailed Google numerous times and I have spoken to some Indian guy who says he will look into it, but I never hear back. How do I fix this problem...it's killing my business.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Googlemybusiness catergory problems.

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for sending this feedback. Available categories will show up for you when you search for them in your dashboard. I have sent your feedback on to our team, but am highly unlikely to hear back if they've been able to add this category. I'd also recommend this article for more information on categories (there is a section specific to picking the right category for your business). 

Best,

Liz

GMB Community Manager