My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Googlecc@Goo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got an email from "Google apps for work," saying that I'm going to be billed for my website registration, which is fine. I looked at my internet banking and it says the payment was made to Googlecc@Goo. The name seemed suspicious so I did a google search and all the searches say it is a scammer! Is this the case? If so it's very sophisticated. They billed me $17.24, which is the cost of my website renewal in $NZD. Designed so I wouldn't notice, how sneaky! 

I contacted the G suite  administrator and they couldn't really help me, so they directed me to come here and ask a question. So my question is..

Is Googlecc@Goo a scam? 

Should I go ahead and cancel debit card?

If it is a scam then how did they get a hold of my details like that? I only have that info with 3 major, trusted, big companies! You would think that info would be safe!

Thanks

Nick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Googlecc@Goo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Wicked N

we don't deal here with "Google apps for work"

this payed product is supported as linked  top right here: https://gsuite.google.com/index.html

Googlecc@Goo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So basically I have to pay to become a member of G suite before they will help me? All I want to know is, is Googlecc@Goo a scam and should I cancel my debit card? 

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Googlecc@Goo

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

if you don't have  any account of "GoogleApps for work" then consider it as scam.

Googlecc@Goo

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Shivam Y

Off-Topic Post:

This off-topic post has been archived by a Moderator, per our Community Guidelines. If you post again, please ensure that your post is specific to the Community and that it includes a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

Thank you for your understanding.