2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google +

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone

Can you tell me what purpose the Google+ pages have now? Previously you would have all of the info of the business including the NAP, website, reviews, etc. Now when you click on the Google+ link within the GMB dashboard, the information for the location is basically non existent. It simply gives you the name and the main photo. 

We have clients that are concerned that all of their info is gone because they see Google+ now as blank. My understanding is that Google+ pretty much no longer exists in the local search world.  Any info is greatly appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google +

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Barra T,

"My understanding is that Google+ pretty much no longer exists in the local search world."

You are pretty much right on that.

What you can tell clients is that consumers hardly ever saw that G+ page anyway. Google has made efforts to improve the knowledge panel and other business displays like the Local Finder.  Now instead of clicking through to a G+ page, all the important info shows up directly in search and maps, which is where consumers (potential customers) are looking.

Does that make sense?

Google +

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much @Linda Buquet!

Re: Google +

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sure thing Barra!  Good luck with your client!