My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google trusted photographer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I need a call from you if possible . Please guide me i want to become a google's trusted photographer

Thanks&Regards

Amit pareek

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July

Re: Google trusted photographer

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @munish s,

1-

Yes, but the photo spheres would be a low quality due to parallax errors, it would contain too many stitching errors. If you are posting in this forum I am guessing it is because you wish to offer your services as a photographer to other businesses and create virtual tours for them.

If that is your goal, you should look into buying, at the very least, a 360 camera since creating photo sphere with them is mostly for personal/entertainment reasons and they are not professional tools.

You still can qualify to become a trusted photographer by publishing photo spheres taken with phones, but do not offer your services using one.

2-

It means that you do not have 50 published and approved photo spheres to Google Maps.

How many do you have in your Contributions profile?

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/

When you publish photo spheres through the Streeet View app it goes through a review process, mostly automatic, to see if it qualifies for publication to Maps, if it does its status changes to Maps approved. If it does not, it becomes Maps denied.

3-

If you are using the Street View app on your iPhone to shoot the photo spheres, the images will be stitched by the app itself, no need to buy any stitching software.

The 360 cameras also stitch the image themselves, or provide the stitching software.

The only time you would need to buy stitching software is if you were to shoot the images with a DSLR camera.

Please, read the FAQ's about the Street View program in the Maps' help forum.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/maps/NVU9szIiX8o

and read the Street View section of the Maps' help center to learn about photo spheres.

https://support.google.com/maps#topic=6275604

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

One way to get started is to do 50 good 365 postings. But the better way to go at this is to visit this page and get all the details it is a long process. This is a volunteer organization and no one will call back. No disrespect just not that type of thing.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I really appreciate you for the reply of my email and one more questions can i use my mobile phone for click 360 photos and posted to google map by street view app.

Thanks & Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have lot of queries for become a google trusted photographer so i am writing it below :-

1. Can i click these 360 pictures with my IPHONE by street view app or not? If yes then what is megapixels of the camera and if no then how can i click 360 photos.
2. When i am going to click on AVAILABLE FOR HIRE in street view app then there will a message appear  [Required 50 published and approved 360 photos] and in this sentence What is the meaning of [approved 360photos]

3. And what the name of image stiching software by which I would make 360 virtual tour.

Please revert me back i will really appreciate your support

Thanks & Regards
Munish Sanotra

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @munish s,

1-

Yes, but the photo spheres would be a low quality due to parallax errors, it would contain too many stitching errors. If you are posting in this forum I am guessing it is because you wish to offer your services as a photographer to other businesses and create virtual tours for them.

If that is your goal, you should look into buying, at the very least, a 360 camera since creating photo sphere with them is mostly for personal/entertainment reasons and they are not professional tools.

You still can qualify to become a trusted photographer by publishing photo spheres taken with phones, but do not offer your services using one.

2-

It means that you do not have 50 published and approved photo spheres to Google Maps.

How many do you have in your Contributions profile?

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/

When you publish photo spheres through the Streeet View app it goes through a review process, mostly automatic, to see if it qualifies for publication to Maps, if it does its status changes to Maps approved. If it does not, it becomes Maps denied.

3-

If you are using the Street View app on your iPhone to shoot the photo spheres, the images will be stitched by the app itself, no need to buy any stitching software.

The 360 cameras also stitch the image themselves, or provide the stitching software.

The only time you would need to buy stitching software is if you were to shoot the images with a DSLR camera.

Please, read the FAQ's about the Street View program in the Maps' help forum.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/maps/NVU9szIiX8o

and read the Street View section of the Maps' help center to learn about photo spheres.

https://support.google.com/maps#topic=6275604

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I have more than 1000 view on my photos but nothing shows on google contribute at unlock photographer part(0/1000)

what should I do ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It's not the views, it is the number of quality of 360 photos you have posted to businesses.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No No 

I mean something else

Look at my 2 photo
It explain

photo_2018-05-13_23-13-24.jpgphoto_2018-05-13_23-13-29.jpg

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Hi Spin S To rephrase the question are you asking what it takes to become a trusted photographer or what the qualifications are to unlock the photographer badge?  My first answer is this community is for Google My Business page questions. In this thread are all questions regarding local guides connect. They should really be over in that community. If you are asking on how to become a trusted photographer here is a good link that explains the program.

Thanks for asking,

David

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it was solved and the new posts have nothing to do with becoming a trusted photographer. 

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.