My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google+ site for netshop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have a brick and mortar store and netshop. I have created a Google Business page for my store. Let's call it Bobs Piano's.

So if you search for "Bobs Piano's" or "Bobs Piano's Main Street" you get the Business page. But if you search for "Bobs Piano's Netshop" you get nothing. I can see in our Webmaster tools that people are using this search term.

Should i set up a new page for "Bobs Piano's Netshop"? Or is there a way to connect that search word to the other page?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google site for netshop

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
you shouldn't set up a second (local) page for "Bobs Piano's Netshop" as pure onine businesses are not eligible for local page at all. You of course can create a brand page calling it "Bobs Piano's Netshop"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your response.
Hm. I wasn't sure about the difference between local pages and brand pages. So I read this document:
http://localu.org/blog/google-now-allows-brand-pages-become-local-pages/

I didn't really get any wiser. :-/
So is the difference that a Brand Page doesn't have an address?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
the best approach would be reading this HC article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4570248?hl=en

Re: Google+ site for netshop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can't you just rename the current Business page name to include the word "Netshop" ?

Or create a Unique URL with the word netshop inside it?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Yadunandan P

Google's guidelines expressly forbid adding keywords or descriptors to a Business page. The name on the listing has to be the same as the real world business name.

@Carl S - in addition to the suggestions from Helmut, have you asked for assistance from the Search Console (Webmasters) forum? It sounds like your question about content not showing for 'bobs pianos netshop' might be more related to your website (organic search) rather than local search.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @PriyaC
I have not requested anything in the webmasters forum.

I should mentrion that the stores have multiple locations, Mainstreet, Apple Street, New Street. All of them have there own Business Page.

Ok @Helmut Geissler that seems like what i want.

I will try that. Thank you.