My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google shows another business contact info when searching

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The City of Helsinki owns two museums:

Helsingin taidemuseo (Helsinki Art Museum, which is an art museum)

Helsingin kaupunginmuseo (Helsinki City Museum, which is a historical museum)

2015 Helsingin taidemuseo changed name to HAM (but many people still use keywords "Helsingin taidemuseo" when searching for it).

The problem is that now when you search "Helsingin taidemuseo" you get mixed results. Name is correct, but map and contact info is for Helsingin kaupunginmuseo. So the results are mixed up.

In addition if you search for Helsingin kaupunginmuseo on Google Maps you get all the other info correctly, but the quick facts are about HAM.

I'm working as a webmaster in HAM and this is confusing many of our customers. Especially because the two museums are quite far apart. I've sent correction requests using the tools provided but the problem keeps on occurring. 

I would very much appreciate help on correcting the information. Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google shows another business contact info when searching

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Ukko K

I see and understand your  issue.

Are you the owner of the listing we get shown up with the mixed knowledge graph as below:

Screenshot 2016-10-25 at 16.52.32.png

BTW searching instead for ""Helsinki Art Museum" HAM in Helsinki" I get the correct Art Museum:

Screenshot 2016-10-25 at 16.54.16.png

To get the owner of the lsting involved in this thread is very important as I figured out an issue - there are two different listings for the art  museum - differenly named in MapMaker

one is the unverified Art Museum (this is with the most reviews - 291 !!!)

http://maps.google.fi/?cid=9371526453388590514

the other one is the verified listing - it got just 8 reviews 

http://maps.google.fi/?cid=5890517390421001774

So I need to speek  with the owner of the verified listing asap

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Thank you for taking time for helping me. This is somehow very confusing. 

That unverified "Helsinki Art Museum" listing is our old listing, which I thought deleted already. I have claimed to get the ownership of that one so I can delete it. It is old because we changed name (and brand) 2015.

The verified listing doesn't appear on my map??? But then I have another listing called "HAM Helsingin taidemuseo" (sorry don't know how to get a direct link to that.

On our brand account I have neither of those, but I have a location listing with title "HAM Helsinki".

So now in addition to the confusion between Helsingin taidemuseo search showing a wrong location on the map, there is multiple listings for our art museum as well. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

two remarks:

1# deleting any verified listing from your dahsboard will not delete it form Google.

Iwill just make it "resurrecting" under an other URL as an unverifed listing.

This is an intended and documented behavior you seem not being aware of.

2# the URL for you other HAM listing is https://plus.google.com/100916993153194950412/about

and its obviously supended (at least not tied to GMaps) as it is using the same addressand phone number (09 31087001) as the unverified listing.

There seems to be necassery a big cleam up for all the museums listings