My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google search results issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When searching for the business I work for (21six) and the town of one of the addresses of the company (Eatleight) (i.e. Googling: 21six eastleigh), it comes up with a comapny that was previously listed at the address (Whites communications). 

Is there any way I can get it to show the current address opposed to the previous one?

Thanks,

Sam

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Social,

Whites Communications (WC) used to be at the same address, but are no longer? 

Have you taken over their listing?  

Reason I ask is the listing is verified and has your website and phone number.

If you have taken over their business listing, you can change the business name through your dashboard.

If not,

Has WC relocated?  If so, contact them and ask them to move their listing to the new location. After that is complete, then you can create your own business listing.

If WC no longer exists, you can transfer the listing to your own account.

Ideally you'd contact the owner of the listing and ask them to transfer ownership to you.
If that's not an option, you can request ownership transfer
. https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671
Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you directly.
The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great, 

Thanks for your help Margaret!