My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are 2 reviews for my business that are obviously for other business, not the one's they are attached to. One claims my prices are too high, but I have the lowest prices in my neighborhood, I could accept this as someone's opinion, except that the photo they took, and attached to the review is of another location. The other one makes some truly horrible claims on my business, claims that are not true; for example, they claim my employees bath mouth the customers in Spanish behind their backs. I only have one employee and neither he nor myself speak Spanish. I understand the purpose of reviews is to present a fair and accurate representation of all facets of a business, but this is not a factual representation of my business. I am being slandered by Google, and I have no recourse. Do you have any idea how frustrating this is? Is there not any way to fix this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ed K

If the reviewer's photo is attached to your listing, you can flag/report the image as irrelevant to the business. 

As far as the reviews go, Google is very reluctant to remove reviews unless they violate guidelines, and even then they can be tough to get taken down.  Your best course of action at this stage is to reply to those negative posts, explaining an apparent case of misidentity.  You could even try contacting the person and see if you can work something out.  Reviewers can update their ratings and comments.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog