My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google review notification email just received for an old review?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just received an email notification for a review of my business but the review was left two years ago.

Why would I get a notification for a review left so long ago?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was searching for an answer about the same thing. Did you ever figure it out? 

Re: Google review notification email just received for an old review?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I never received any feedback from Google nor was I able to figure out
why the old post popped up with a notification after so long.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having the same problem with one of my clients. She is regularly receiving email notifications for a review left back in 2013. Hoping there is some way to resolve this issue.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Carrie C

This is a known issue, so no need to worry. Team will eventually get to look at it, but it does not impact reviews or business page.

The actual bell notifications when logged into account, shows accurate updates if there has been engagement on your business page: reviews, comments, +1 etc etc

So any reviews will show here.

Online Ownership   Google .png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an issue where I'll get a notification for 1 new review and then immediately get multiple notification for old reviews. It happened today where I got 6 notifications for old posts at the same time. Like someone opened up a floodgate. Is this tied to this known issue? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have been informed that Google is aware of this issue and is too busy
counting their money to fix it.

Mic drop.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hmm @Carrie C considering its a free product and if you log into the account, all the notifications are correct and visible.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tim, there is nothing correct about people getting notifications of old posts radomly.  This "support community" is an echo chamber.  Aside from your non solution response,  I just get notifications of every person with the same issue.  Free?   No, it is not free.  The business owner must manage the Google Reviews and there is no opting out without appearing closed. Do you work  for free?  "Don't complain because it is free" is the worst support answer ever. Google rule "do no harm" just fell to..."hey it's free and flawed, :)".  I'm out of  time  and patience with this issue. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hey @Carrie C

I actually got an email this morning about updates to email notification for business pages. I assume this is being sent to all users, reminding them to check the settings for their business pages on what emails and notifications they would like to receive.