My Business
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google requesting account verification while adding a business location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are an IT service provider and therefore we get need of adding business locations of clients those who not familiar with technical part in Google Maps.

Sometimes it need to add multiple locations on a time via Google My Business and when we process those listings, each time Google prompt to verify the account (email account) via SMS or phone call.

Even when we give a mobile number on prompt, it returned an error message "This phone number has already been used too many times for verification." which block to move to the next step.

Why this happened again and again? Because, the Gmail account used for listing purpose is a verified one and the cause of this prompt is confusing a lot.

Via Google information, I got to know that it can be add up to 100 businesses under one Gmail account.

Need a proper solution for this.

Thank you
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google requesting account verification while adding a business location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Araniyan
You seem working as a service provider if creating business pages for other business owners (your clients).
The best solution would be then to create for each of your clients a separate & new "business account" according https://support.google.com/business/answer/6085339?hl=en

(Note such a "business account" allows you to manage all the locations of a specific client and at his several locations) completely independent from all locations of any other of your clients.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut Geissler,

Really thanks for your reply and it's brought me a clear point that I need to create business account and under that only it need to add locations. That is good.

However, even-though I tried to create business account also, it ask account verification.

I tried the same with another colleague's Gmail account and it's not asking such verification. Please let me know that why it's ask account verification with my account and not with my colleague's account?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Its likely due to the fact you created in the past lots of single business pages under your normal (default) account.
And this fact is somehow saved in your account.

I'm sure you can't avoid this happen unless using other phone numbers.

(a hint: there are options to get a "virtual" mobile phone number to get the account verification SMS sent to)
Use such virtual numbers as a workaround or just start your doing in future using a new Google Account - differently from the old one.