My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google reporting business as duplicate of different business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My family owns two businesses: Pioneer Glass and Pioneer Window Fashions. We have had active Maps listings for years.

I saw today that Pioneer Window Fashions was marked as a duplicate of Pioneer Glass – which is incorrect. It's a completely different name with different phone numbers, storefronts, and products.

I went and searched on Maps for Pioneer Window Fashions and found a brand-new listing of Pioneer Window Fashions that was unclaimed. I claimed and verified it so now I have ownership. I do not know why this listing was created out of thin air but the other one was shut down as a duplicate.

The problem is that it is not populated with any information or pictures, etc. I'd like to remove the one I just claimed and bring back the old one – especially since we have several customer reviews on the old one I would prefer not to lose. I don't know how to link to the other one that was pulled down as a duplicate because it's no longer live.

The system now recognizes that I have two Pioneer Window Fashions, but I still can't get the original one back – the system still has it as a duplicate of Pioneer Glass

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 5.46.36 PM.png

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Evan 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Quickest best way is to call

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

from your screen grab I see there are indeed two listings and both with the same name and address and phone number.

You need to delet one of it -clicking "resolve addres" should do the trick.

you also can (while in the card view of your dashboard) just delet one of both listings 

This link https://support.google.com/business/answer/4669092?hl=en tells you "how"

Re: Google reporting business as duplicate of different business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, but that won't work as one of them thinks it's a duplicate of
Pioneer Glass. They're not dupes of each other according to their system.
--
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is a habit." - Socrates

Re: Google reporting business as duplicate of different business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately I've filled out the form to be called four times now, and
still have no call. I've done it on different days at differnt times too.
--
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is a habit." - Socrates