My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google + old page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have problem with old page. The link to the relevant page is -

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/116579183722252445259/about

This is not valid any more (and i never established it this page) and any other publication relevant to this name 'allesoveroctrooi' are long time ago deleted from Google, I don't have any Google account related to this page, I cannot log into anything in order to delete this, or ... I send several forms to Google and mails and and and but except of some trample answer and forwarding to support pages, I didn't get the feeling that somebody realy reads the problem! Finally after long but helpful communication of one of the moderators of Google + forum he asked me to post this massage in here asking you to DELETE this page. I don't have any access to the phone an address mention on this weird google + page.

I trust on your active and fast helping in finalizing this almost 'never ending story' !!

Thnx!!!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Google old page

Community Manager
# 19
Community Manager

Hi @Ian A,

Thanks for writing back. Unfortunately, we are unable to delete the page because of its status as a G+ page. Only the individual who created this profile page is able to delete it. As noted (and it sounds like you did), the best way to handle this situation is to file an impersonation report. 
Thanks for your understanding on this issue!

Best,
Elizabeth 

View solution in original post

Re: Google + old page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Ian,
It is an unverified Local business page so it should not be found on Maps and Web searches, only on Google+.
Google My Business support would not delete a page created by somebody else, only unverified it, which already is.
Have you tried to report it through the impersonation report on Google+?
https://support.google.com/plus/troubleshooter/1715140

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thnx for your fast replay, I'll give it a try (form) and will let u know. Ps, when u search 'allesoveroctrooi' in Google (this google+ page) it pops up as first.... That's the major issue...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Treebles,
Unfortunately in this case where there is no business existing that represents this old page, I do not believe the impersonation reporting path to be appropriate, and I also believe this is one of the paths that Ian has already explored to no avail. As it is a 'local business' page, although unverified, is there not a process where the business team can escalate such cases for consideration?
rgds,
Rupert (G+ TC)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello Rupert,
My Business support team would only remove a business listing from the Local database, but would not delete the resulting unverified Google+ Local page.
From the point of view of Local search, Maps and Web searches, the unverified Google+ Local business page is irrelevant because it cannot be found anywhere except Google+.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Treebles, I do hope you're not forgetting the main Google product which is the main place the Business page in question can be found: Search...
Thanks for clarification of policy though, I'll escalate the issue with this business page through the Google+ channels to see what the official position in regard to requests to remove unverified business pages.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Ruppert,
I did mention in my reply Web search.

Could you please clarify something for me that I forgot to ask yesterday?
We learn here in the My Business forum from frustrated business owners that Google+ do not act often on those reports.
This Google+ page was not created by the business owner, if I understand correctly his post, but represents his business.
Why would this page not qualify for deletion through the Impersonation report?

Google My Business deals with records in the Local database, it syndicates the database to other Google products that present its content, like Maps, Web search and Google+.
In the case of Google+ pages that are not part of the Local database I thought it was up to Google+ support to deal with issues with those pages.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
As the business no longer exists there is no valid entity that can claim impersonation. Ian has received mail from google rejecting previous impersonation reports.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

As a note this listing appears to me to have been previously verified (the stock Google image as cover photo) and was apparently unverified due to inactivity or business closure. And thus became the plus page. So it was in someone's account at some point. Given that if the account could be determined then it could be deleted. 

I am curious why, if the business no longer exists and the website is down, what matter does the orphan page make to anyone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Mike and dear Treelbles,

Let me clarify shortly once more some point as it be becomes abit frustrating... As we turning in circles and...

This page was never made by me...!! (It was my own company so i know whats happened there, did u saw any posts or other activity in???) How this was made as Google plus? I don't know as well!

The information there is not correct and indeed business is long time close but the address mentioned there refereeing to Privte address and i don't want this to be just 'hanging' out there!!! So, is nothing about being frustrated or other nice words... It's about doing something correct. I don't ask any special favor... just to delete un- relevant information (as I deleted other info related to the company who doesn't exist any more!!) I'm very serious man and accurate in my way of doing, are you too??????!

So, please if your cannot help just say (and I will find my ways) but don't preach me or the guys (related to Google - Rupert) that WANTS really to help and understand this VERY simple and logical issue!!!!!