My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google my business website photo problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I have a problem with my photos on my website of Google my business.

When I enter some photos, Google crops it automatically and I don't want this. I want the complete photo shown on my website.

Can someone help me to re-crop these photos?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben N
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Its actual "as intended"

They crop the photo and cluster them as well (if there are more then one).

To get them uncropped you need to click any photo  to get it fully visible.

Its almost the same behavior as with photos on the new "Post" feature of GMB.

Photos on such posts will cropped as well and to get them properly visible you need to click them (or the post)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply

But is there any solution to show the photo uncropped without clicking on it? A setting, ect.

It is for a bakery and it looks very stupid when only half a bread is shown. It doesn't bother me that the uncropped photo will be smaller, but I want the entire bread on my photo.

When you can't set it, is there a solution to solve this in another way?

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Nope @Ben N

Not "settings" yet - maybe in future - who knows?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you!

If you as Google-expert can arrange this type of settings, it would be wonderful!

I think, this way of (un)cropping was already possible in the past as you can see in this movie (minute 0:50 ):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpxdSchHxs 

This square tool is already enough.

If it is possible to re-install this possibility of cropping photos, I would be very thankful! It can't be that difficult for Google...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

haha @Ben N

I'm not a Google expert.

I'm a poor (since long time retired) German user - just little bit expirienced with GoogleMyBusiness as product.

I wouldn't hold my breath until the GoogleGodes finally decide to improve their recently lauched both product features of GoogleMyBusiness.

Re: Google my business website photo problem

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Helmut

Another issue which I think might be an actual functionality problem is the Cover Photo on the Google My Business website.

Whenever I upload an image to use as the cover photo, after uploading, that image doesn't display correct / fully on the published website?

I tried different sizes of the same image, but all result in the same outcome.

Another thing I have noticed is that when you review your selected image before actually uploading it to your website, you have the option to actually crop the image. Referring to the text instruction just above the image "To Crop this image , drag this region below and then click "Upload a Cover Photo"  BUT this does not work...?

Please have a look at the attached screenshots

1st Screenshot - When you want to finally upload your selected image, image is displayed is full, also allow for cropping but you cant use the crop feature

2nd Screenshot - The cover image are being displayed incorrectly, even after trying various image sizes of the same image.

1st screenshot1st screenshotCapeGate.png