My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google my business verification issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is Trace Line Location Ltd.

Address is : 51 Bannerman Close Red Deer Alberta T4R 0L8

Phone: 403-877-6401

Google + URL: google.com/+TracelinelocationCa

So I have since gone and done what the phone reps told me to do with my website.

I have:

1. gone to webmaster to get a Google HTML file, and I also got the CNAME Label / Host and CNAME Destination / Target (I will note it already says I am a verified owner of tracelinelocation.ca)

2. gone to my webhost: siteground, and added those things I got from webmaster, 3 things in total, to my DNS editor

4. Went to the google search console and verified my website, which it said was a success.

I then went back to Google My Business and tried once again to add website. Once again it will not add it. I get the yellow bar reading: We have updated your business information based on user reports and our data.

I waited a few hours and tried to add it again, same error. 

All I want in the end is to appear in Google Search and on Google Maps. 

I have called Google 3 times and no one has been able to fix my problem.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google my business verification issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lauren,
What are the updates done to your business listing?
Have you reviewed them to check if they are appropriate?

What happens when you add the web site and submit?
Does the web site URL disappears or you cannot simply add it?
Screen captures would be appreciated.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Re: Google my business verification issue

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@treebles

I guess @Lauren D is referring to the issue she brought up to our attention in her other thread: Google My Business will not allow me to add my wesbite to my page. Not appearing in Maps and Sea

At least it could be  Lauren  can't verify her business page due to the bug I investigated and was able to replicate on my end and escalated to Liz regarding her website www.tracelinelocation.ca (see her other thread)

And see my older and today updated escalation ("A new instance of an older website issue")