Google my business analytics linked to different ID/view then I am using on my website.
The analytics ID linked on my google my business home page does not correspond with the analytics ID/view I am using on the website. The analytics ID/view linked does exist but is not the ID/view I am using on the site. I am not sure how to get google my business link to the proper ID/view.
Thanks for your time.
Re: Google my business analytics linked to different ID/view then I am using on my website.[ Edited ]
September 2016 - last edited September 2016
Hi @Peter R,
Are you logged to the same Google Account that manages your Google Analytics and Google My Business properties? This is usually what is happening with mismatched stuff. Once you know that is correct, let's move forward to more info...
Enable Google Analytics
To enable Google Analytics on your Google My Business dashboard:
- Sign up for Google My Business, if you haven’t already done so.
- Sign up for Google Analytics and set up a property for your website. Use the same Google Account that you use to manage your Google My Business listing.
- List the same website you’ve used to sign up for Google Analytics as the primary website on your Google My Business listing.
- Visit Google My Business on desktop or the Google My Business app and choose the listing you selected in step 2 to see analytics for the website you’ve listed.
It’s important that the website you provide on your Google My Business listing exactly matches the one in your Analytics property. For example, if your Analytics property gives you ownership rights to www.example.com/blog, but you’ve listed www.example.com as your primary website on Google My Business listing, we won’t be able to match your Analytics property with your listing.
If you lose access to a website in your Google Analytics account, you won’t be able to see the data until it’s reinstated.
The owner and any managers of your listing will have access to Google Analytics on your Google My Business dashboard if they also have access to your Google Analytics account.
Understand Google Analytics
Once you’ve enabled Google Analytics on your Dashboard, you’ll see several types of data:
A single visitor to your website can open multiple visits. Those visits can occur on the same day, or over several days, weeks, or months. As soon as a single user ends one visit, there is then an opportunity to start a new visit, which is tracked with this metric across the previous 31 days. Learn more.
A pageview is an instance of a page being loaded by a browser. The Pageviews metric is the total number of pages viewed in the previous 31 days; repeated views of a single page are also counted. Learn more.
To visit Google Analytics and see more in depth information, click View Google Analytics. To read more about Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics Help Center.
I’ve taken the steps above but Analytics data isn’t displaying
If you’re having issues with the card displaying, make sure that:
- The URL you provided on your Google My Business listing exactly matches the primary property in your Google Analytics account.
- You’re using the same Google Account to manage both your Google My Business and your Google Analytics account.
I’m not seeing the Analytics data I expected
In Google Analytics, each Account can contain several properties, and each property can contain multiple views. For an overview, see this article.
If you have several views in your Google Analytics account, you can choose which one displays on the Dashboard by editing the Default View of your property.
Google My Business & Google AdWords Top Contributor
Google Partner | GYBO Agency | Local Guide | My Profile