My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have recently started a business. And it has been verified. If I go to My Google Business and click on location. It will pull up the exact business and its name on the map. Which is perfect. But if I go to Google Maps app or if anyone else does. And we type in my business it will not find it at all. Even if I type in the exact address, it just pulls up the location. It will not say anything about the business name. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Logan S

Is the listing really new?  It can take several weeks for the data to get populated across all the systems.

What you're describing also sounds like a service area business. Is the address for the business hidden?

If not, Please include the following so we can investigate further:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for responding. The business has been around about a month and a half now.

The business name is ARK-X Archery Combat, located at 5193 Hwy 1 S, Jonesboro, AR 72404. The phone number is 870-926-5122.

If you type in "ark-x archery combat jonesboro ar" in google it pulls up the correct location. It also pulls up our Facebook and our website, arkxcombat.com

Thank you again, Logan

Google maps

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmmm...
I just entered the biz name in maps and it came up straight away.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/ARK-X+Archery+Combat/@35.7503273,-90.6924157,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5...

I'm also noticing it doesn't come up for "amusement park" but does for "amusement center".  It's not showing for "archery" either.   At this point I'm suspicious of the signal strength about your business (how strong your online presence is).

Doing some more digging, it seems Google only knows about your home page of your website.  The rest of the info on the page Google hasn't seen.  Your website has a big influence on the searches Google will choose to show your listing.  

Your robots file blocks more resources than would be recommended, and does not contain a link to your sitemap. 
Am also wondering if the site is not registered with Search Console. 

Doing a search for your business around the web, I can also find very few citations.  Add your business listing to places people might look for businesses like yours, including local business directories, industry sites, review sites, and so on.  Do a search for competitors for ideas of places if you're not sure where to start.  And when doing this the rule quality over quantity applies.

I've thrown a lot of ideas not related to your GMB listing in this response, but they all impact it to varying degrees.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog