My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google map keyword stuffing - Business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please could someone help me here, my business listing delivers goods & services to customers within this area: Belfast, United Kingdom  but NOT my home address is in Lisburn which i will like to keep private. My business listing is already verified but i found some error

1. in the search my business name the search came up as "BashupTV Lisburn" which is wrong my Business name is only called BashupTV  not the way it is listed and its very confusing. If you search for BashupTV the local business listing by the right side on google will not show up

2. I read before i filled out my listing that if i chose the "My business delivers goods & services to customers within this area" which is what i do as i dont have a physical business address for video production job that my listing will only show in the area i serviced on the map and on search but its the other way round, it is only show my home address "city" not the area that i serviced which supposed to be BELFAST.

With this serach prefarance they gave to me no one will every find us..

Could someone help me here. Thanks

BashupTV

Lisburn

07405 891347

https://plus.google.com/+BashuptvUkonline

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google map keyword stuffing - Business name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Bashup T

I can't confirm your remarks about the appearing "Bashup TV Lisborn"

I get it on GMaps named as "Bashup TV":  https://goo.gl/maps/TsdztxbqL9w

and on Google as well as Bashup TV:

screenshot-www.google.de 2017-01-07 16-15-41.png

The fact the address appears as "Lisborn" only is intended as you defined a servicearea unselecting I also serve customers at my business address.

There is one point I'm wondering 

The service area yo specified is extremly small. Seems to be just the ZIP covering your address.

There is not indication you serve more then this little area.

ist this indented by you?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helmut for your response.

When i filled the info for the business i only specified Lisburn as my Home address to verify the page, i dont do any service from home or have a store front. i did NOT select or tick "I also serve customers at my business address. (Your address will be hidden from the public if this box isn't ticked.)" 

When i see that it only showing my home address location i came here to read more info and saw in a post that if i use a post code it will eliminate that but it didnt. my service i first info was up to 5 location about 100miles away from the new post code but when i realised its still showing my home address location then i decided to use post code but nothing happen still showing my home address location which is almost 15miles away from the Map showing on the page. i really dont know what is happening. Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Bashup T

you need to specify your full business street address (even if it is your home address where you run the business from)

To avoid getting the street address published you then have to sepcify any service areas yo are servicing customers there.

Don't forget finally to unselect the little box "I also serve customers at my business address"

Read more about how to deal with service areas in here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help Helmut, i have done all that i used my full address to get the business verified. What i am saying is that the business is listen locally to my home address city  which i am not offering service from. I thought if i did it the say you said it will list me to my service area but instead listed me to my home address area. I hope you get me now. Thanks again

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bashup T
January 2017

Re: Google map keyword stuffing - Business name

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I got you from the beginning  and this is my last try you get you getting  my advice:

I just made a test business for a Plumber in Ulster at a fictive address in lisburn at Bentrim Road 10 hiding this address and specifying two service areas 

one is Belfast th other one is Craigavon.

This is visible in my dashboard as per the below screen grabs:

Screenshot 2017-01-07 at 21.08.00.png

Screenshot 2017-01-07 at 21.08.10.png

The bsuiness will show then this two service areas 

Screenshot 2017-01-07 at 21.10.16.pngI didn't yet verified for obvious reasons.

But it it would be verified it would show my Business town as lisburn (of course & and why not) but it would show the service area Belfast and Craigavon.

There is no option to get rid of the town where the business is running from.
But you can get the service area shown as intended.

But for me its enough time spent for this matter.

Will quite now