My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google lists wrong zip code, won't accept updates with multiple postcards sent

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are at the end of our ropes. We've been trying to fix a problem with Google's listing of one of our locations for a year now, and nothing seems to work.

We are LRADAC - a professional non-profit organization that works with drug and alcohol abuse in Columbia SC. Our main location is fine. But our secondary location in Lexington, SC has been causing us real problems for a while now. If you Google "LRADAC Lexington SC" you see our address in the info box on the right listed as "1068 South Lake Drive, Lexington, SC 29072" and that's ALMOST correct. The correct zip code is 29073. That's what it says on our website, on our business cards, on our tax ID, at the post office, everything. 

If you do search for the wrong address on Google maps, it will send you to the correct location. But that doesn't help us if a client is using GPS, sending a payment, sending medical documents, etc. We're sometimes dealing with very vulnerable clients, too.

You would think this would be easy to fix. We've made several updates online, we've received multiple postcards and sent them in, and still this location is set as "Pending." Any "suggestion" we make to change the zip code ot the correct one is met with an error code! What do we do?!

Allison

803-726-9300

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The wrong address seems to be in many of your other web directory entries, Google use all the data it finds for you, you GmB is only a 'suggestion'.

You need to go out and correct enough of these for Google to use the 'right' address.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1068+South+Lake+Drive%2C+Lexington%2C+SC+29072&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&c...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem. I have updated my zip code several times, but Google changes it back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tried that, and only found 1 incorrect address, which was taken from Google Maps.