My Business
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google listing verification

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I am trying to setup a google my business for my client. The business is John Ruddick Home Loans.

The page has been set up Ok but when we go to verify it says that the account is a duplicate. How do I find out what the duplicate page is?

When I type John Ruddick into Google, a listing on the side comes up for John Ruddick. This is the one I am assuming is the duplicate as it has the same street address. How do I get rid of that page ? I don't know who put that page there and have wasted a lot of time trying to work this out.

If someone could let me in the right direction, that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Tony

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tony!

You're going to want to request ownership of that listing with these instructions:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281?hl=en

If there is no response in 7 days, respond to the latest email from Google and say so. Once it is in your account, you're going to want to edit that listing to match the correct info and delete the one you just created.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ashley,

thanks for your reply.

I tried to follow these instructions. But

When I login to my clients account, the listing I want to delete is obviously not there. The listing I want to keep is there but it is saying it is a duplicate. I am not sure what it is a duplicate of but I am guessing it is the 'John Ruddick' Account

The account I want to delete is 'John Ruddick'

How do I access this listing?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi there, I managed to get access to the google account the client forgot they had and I have deleted the listing that I didn't want.

The listing that i do want still says it is a duplicate. Do i need to give it more time so Google know what is happening?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi there, I managed to get access to the google account the client forgot they had and I have deleted the listing that I didn't want which is 'John Ruddick'.

The listing that i do want 'John Ruddick Home Loans" still says it is a duplicate. Do i need to give it more time so Google know what is happening? Why would the 'John Ruddick' listing still be showing when I deleted it? Or how do I get the 'John Ruddick Home Loans' published instead of 'John Ruddick'?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

sound all very strange and unbelievable @PDQ D as you can't delete a listing you have no credentials for them

And I doubt you deleted it entirely.

Maybe yo deleted it from your dashboard.

But didn't delete it from Google

Please include the following with your question for both listings related to the name 'John Ruddick'  :
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ or GoogleMyBusiness URL

Re: Google listing verification

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Helmut,

here are the 2 listings. I am able to login to both of my client's google accounts. That's how I deleted the page (I thought)

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 7.40.37 am.png

Does this help

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @PDQ D

Make sure deleting from your dashbord all stuff about the mentioned address and John Ruddick - completely cleaning up the dashboard from all  previously created stuff for the address and phone numbers as visible in your last screenshot

Once this is done and you have doublecked you client did the same on his end

Either of you (not both) should click this existent unverified GMaps listing and then left sider the link "claim this listing" and verify it as it is (not even change the naming)

Once the listing is verified you or the client (I mean th new page owner of the verified "John Ruddick" listing) can go to change its name

N/A
# 9
N/A

Thanks Helmut,

I have made these changes now and requested the postcard verification code so I will have to wait for that to arrive at the client and see how it goes after that

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

sorry 

you are confusing me.

I can't see you in any  earlier parts of this thread started by @PDQ D

So I have no clue what and about what you're talking