My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google is showing different business locations based on minor differences in the search terms

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

As the title suggests, I am having some problems where google will show our head office with one search term (Bluechips (the common name for our company)) and our second, much less significant location on another (Bluechips Microhouse (the full name of the company)). However, while I would like to keep the secondary location on google maps, it is not somewhere where we have to commonly direct customers or visitors. I have changed the location name to an acronym (BCM) but this has not yielded immediate results. 

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can prioritise the primary location while still keeping the secondary location on google maps?

p.s. for reference, the primary location has 2/3s of the views and the secondary has 1/3 over the last 30 days, however the latter location has seen a worrying increase of 200%.

EDIT: The business name is Bluechips Microhouse Co., Ltd.

Address: 155 Moo 5 (Don Pin Village) T. Chaechang A. Sankampang Chiangmai 50130
Phone: 053 371 00

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google is showing different business locations based on minor differences in the search terms

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Bluechips M

For me it looks being an address issue.

Searching for the plain mentioned address  "155 Moo 5 (Don Pin Village) T. Chaechang A. Sankampang Chiangmai 50130" (or any address "derivations") will not give me any result with GMaps.

Can you please provide the URL of the verified page you seem managing in your dashboard for this address? 

Re: Google is showing different business locations based on minor differences in the search terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Thanks for the quick response.

The URL for the primary location is https://business.google.com/b/103970439946182824646/dashboard/l/11104139013361625501?hl=en
and, in case it's helpful, the URL for the second one is https://business.google.com/b/102569814906668846570/dashboard/l/07046125140454265646?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I can't say much about any kind of naming search (at least not for the moment)

But I find "Bluechips Microhouse Co., Ltd." if searching for a category search like "Electronics Manufacturer near Amphoe San Kamphaeng Chang Wat Chiang Mai" with www.google.co.th

Screenshot 2016-05-31 at 11.30.27.png

and I find the other one again witn a category search for "Electronic Parts Supplier near Muang, Lamphun"

"Screenshot 2016-05-31 at 11.28.07.png

the above is about category searches.

No see what I get if searching for just "Bluechips with www.google.co.th:

Screenshot 2016-05-31 at 11.34.38.png

You'll  see I get both of your locations