AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google is sending people to our old address# when they search for directions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google is sending people to our old address. when they search for directions. How can we stop this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google is sending people to our old address# when they search for directions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Debra W

a good start would be to provide here a link to the business in questionon GMaps.

I'm guessing it's the same issue we know from other threads and to fix only by Google if we escalate the issue to them.

Will do this only based on the (from you) requested info.

Re: Google is sending people to our old address# when they search for directions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

The business in question is Babyland Norwich.

Here is a link -https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Norwich+NR1+3SG/babyland+norwich/@52.6288605,1.289263,14z/data=!3m...

As you can see, Babyland Norwich is marked in the right location however google sends people away from our new location to our old location.

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Debra W

This link of a direction from the business to its own address shows bit better your issue 

See the below screen capture:

Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 18.08.07.png

Will request to fix the matter now.

direction correcting request ("Babyland Norwich")

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Debra W

It's fixed now

Google is sending people to our old address# when they search for directions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have the same issue. We have changed the address, and it is showing up under the Google business listing, but directions go back to the old address. See https://www.google.com/maps/place/Space+Coast+IC,+Inc/@28.2945076,-80.7363733,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!...

We are at 1730 Baldwin Street, but map and directions point to 1221 Admiralty Blvd., both in Rockledge FL 32955