My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google has an unclaimed personal page for me that links to my business information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Google help, 

I have found a google plus page in my personal name that has all the information for my office. 
I am concerned this might create an seo issue for my website which has been suffering dearly 
for some reason for the last few years after performing nicely for so long. This despite multiple
updates and changes. I am doing my best to clean up citations. 

Here is the link to the page that appears in my personal name that is listed at my business address. 

And here, is the link to my business page which I have worked on and thought was the only one. 

Any suggestions on how to handle this extra page that google has created for me? It also appears that it has not been claimed. 
Thank you...

I assume this is a problem for my seo, but if it is not, please let me know. 
business name: Whittington Chiropractic
801 Fairview Rd. Ste 6 
Asheville NC 28803
828-298-0011
There is also a personal G+ page, I am very confused and not sure whether these extra pages are no problem or Google sees them as detrimental to my website's credibility. 
Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom W
July 2016

Re: Google has an unclaimed personal page for me that links to my business information.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Contact GMB Support either on Facebook or Twitter to have them merge the practitioner listing.

As far as I can tell, the practitioner isn't hurting the practice listing, but it's not ranking anywhere either. You could just leave it as is. But getting rid of it would be the right thing to do according to the GMB quality guidelines.

To update the name on the practice page, you simply edit it in your GMB dashboard.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

View solution in original post

Re: Google has an unclaimed personal page for me that links to my business information.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tom W, the first listing you linked to is referred to as a "practitioner" page. If you are the only practitioner at your practice, Google can merge it with your main "practice" page.

Give this article a read https://whitespark.ca/blog/best-practices-for-practitioner-listings-on-google-my-business-gmb

And be sure to read the GMB Guidelines, particularly, the section on Practitioners 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Colan, Thank you for your help on this issue.
A couple of points of confusion I did not get the answer to with the links provided. .
-Sounds like it could go either way with merging. One way may not be better than the other. merge or not merge.
-Sounds like google suggests merging as an option for solo practitioners, but I did not see how to do it or request it.
-It suggests business name/practioner name for the business page but how do I get that changed from just "business name?"
-Is it possible this could be affecting seo? It didn't really say.
-It all sounds somewhat complex and confusing. I hope I haven't asked too many questions! I'm just trying to get it right so my site might do better and people can find me more easily.
Thank you.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom W
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Contact GMB Support either on Facebook or Twitter to have them merge the practitioner listing.

As far as I can tell, the practitioner isn't hurting the practice listing, but it's not ranking anywhere either. You could just leave it as is. But getting rid of it would be the right thing to do according to the GMB quality guidelines.

To update the name on the practice page, you simply edit it in your GMB dashboard.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for your help!
Awesome