AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google+ for Business Not Free Anymore?????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, I am trying to add my business to Google+ My Business and it keeps telling me that I need to purchase Google for Work first. Am I crazy? Is Google charging to be found on Maps and for Local now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eamonn O
July 2016

Re: Google+ for Business Not Free Anymore?????

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eamonn,

Have you tried using this link? What is your business name?

https://business.google.com/add?service=plus&gmbsrc=us-en-z-z-z-gmb-s-z-l~mhp-rs3_ros_top-u&ppsrc=GM...

Google for Work is a paid service and Google's Enterprise system for company email, apps, calendar and more. You should not have to sign up in order to add your free business listing.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eamonn O
July 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eamonn,

Have you tried using this link? What is your business name?

https://business.google.com/add?service=plus&gmbsrc=us-en-z-z-z-gmb-s-z-l~mhp-rs3_ros_top-u&ppsrc=GM...

Google for Work is a paid service and Google's Enterprise system for company email, apps, calendar and more. You should not have to sign up in order to add your free business listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No matter what I did, I got in this loop on Google that said that I had to have a Google for Work gmail to login. Now, out of the blue, it let's me create my business. Several people in our business saw these screens. I think there is a glitch on Google's website or something. Thanks for your help.