My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google complicit in allowing fake reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A stranger wrote a fake negative review on my business 3 years ago that appears in my business listing in Google. I have never dealt with this person and yet all reports to Google have been ignored. Other businesses were also targeted by the same reviewer (Daniel Sanchez) yet Google has not deleted his nasty reviews. Several of my clients posted reviews challenging the validity of the bad review, yet Google has now removed those positive reviews and left the fake one. This has been continuing on for 3 years causing damage to my business reputation. Google published his fake review, but I have no way of getting Google to remove it, therefore I regard them as complicit in slandering my business. 

Goldreverre

38 Yarra Street, Warrandyte, VIC

(03) 9844 2200

https://www.google.com.au/search?num=100&hl=en&site=webhp&source=hp&q=goldreverre&oq=goldreverre

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

btw:

are you aware the fact your listing (called as "GoldReverre - The glass gilding studio of Bruce Jackson") violates Googles Guidelines ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You've got to be joking.  I use this heading on my business letterhead and all stationary. As an artist, this is an accurate description of who is behind this business name and what I do. 

in any case, you deflected from the topic: How do i get Google to stop publishing false and slanderous reviews on my business?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

wasn't joking and yor GMB listing is using this website http://www.goldreverre.com/index.php and it shows your bsuiness same way as you named it in your starting post here.

But feel free to ignore my hint.

I feel free to tell you there is no option how can get Google to stop publishing false and slanderous reviews on my business?

It's  not Google posting the reviews but that are your potentional customers.

Follow this HC article 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4596773?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate your time in answering. I expected Google will not remove the review. It was the same response when the review first appeared three years ago. 

The fact is, several other business were vilified by the same reviewer. We wrote counter-reviews on each others business listing explaining the situation...but now, those responses and positive reviews were removed and only the slanderous review remained.

The is why I claim Google is responsible for the damage to my reputation by this defamation, regardless of who wrote it. It is in direct violation of their stated aim of "don't be evil".

Incidentally, I am an artist, and I develop a close working relationship with my clients in the process of them commissioning me to produce an artwork...i simply don't have random unknown clients. I tracked down the reviewer, and I believe he is a telemarketer in the Philippines who was disgruntled when I refused his call.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just read through Googles guidelines for reviews...It states:

• Keep it clean: Don’t use obscene, profane, or offensive language. We’ll also remove reviews that represent personal attacks on others.

The review states the following: "Bruce the owner is not only rude but I don't see his works worth the money you pay. Don't deal with this crook."

Clearly, Google has not acted on it's own guidelines. This review is a personal attack on me and defames my reputation by calling me a crook.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

bump...still waiting for a response from Google

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This forum isn't intended to get a Googler giving statements.

If oyu like to speak with a Googler about any issues contact business support

@bruce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They don't respond. Seems like there is no one there. Flagging is useless.

Did I mention, this has been a three year long journey of frustration?

If you have a method to get someone at Google attention, short of doing battle with them in a court of law, I'd love to know how.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Provide me a business link and in it the most  obvious fake review - then we will see what I can do @bruce