My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have recently changed the name on other details of our business and to do so we added a new location, however despite removing listing and permanently deleting our old business it still appears above our new one that we would like to appear. Is there any way to fully remove our old store from all searches? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google business

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Alex B, Please share your business name and google maps link. Then only we can understand your problem better. 

Google business

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

There is a way to do what you are looking to do. It is going to take a lot of work to get everything fixed and ranking well due to the name change. Google looks at all citations they can find about a company to make sure they have the right information. Now you need to feed the internet the new information. So it sounds like you have two issues. A name change and adding an additional location. For this community to help you need to post all details so the situation can be accessed and then fixed. 

Please include the following with your question: 
1. Full business name 
2. Current business address 
3. Current telephone number 
4. Google Maps URL 
5. Website (if applicable) 

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Google business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brit Cars ( International) LTD

Map Link: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/0/@54.8229845,-1.6317726,14z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x47d90965e676...

I changed the name to '0' so out won't come up but it still does when searching for Brit Cars. I created a totally new business and it says its verified but still not coming up in searches. 

Thanks 

Google business

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

You have marked the "0" location as permanently closed and changed the name, but are they both at the same physical location? Acorn Close Lane DH7 6AN, Sacriston, Durham, England, United Kingdom. Your website shows the same address so creating a new listing for the same location is not going to work well with same owners and same business. If the reviews right or wrong are what you are trying to deal with that is a very different question and if so that approach that will take a time to change via reputation management efforts.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |