AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google business page for freelancer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I would like to to know if I am a freelancer doing services on clients in there location, can I get this page since I am not having a specific location 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google business page for freelancer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hussain

If you're moving around and have no fixed abode (home), then no, you'll not be eligible for a GMB listing.

If you are freelancing a legitimate registered business and servicing clients at their location, then you can use your home address to register. You'll be classed as a service area business - read the guidelines here:
Service Area Business: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163
Google My Business guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Margaret,

How about if my services as a freelancer are done 100% online? I do have a registered company in my home country as a writer and translator. I am looking to offer services as a freelance writer, but I want offer them to clients all over the world. In such a case, can get a Google My business Listing?

Thanks for your help!

Isabel

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Isabel v

As per the guidelines - 
"Listings on Google My Business can only be created for businesses that either have a physical location that customers can visit, or that travel to visit customers where they are. " and
"Brands, organizations, artists, and other online-only businesses aren't eligible for Google My Business listings."
Since your business is online only, then no, your business is not eligible for a GMB listing.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@shifatul h

your two postshere  seem  kind of self promotion oroff topic of this thread and  I therefore will archive as  moderatori.

In case you  have  a GMB related   question:  

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.