My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google business account login

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a quick question about my Google business account. When I set it up last year, I obviously had to create a username (gmail account for the business). I made this username oldbusinessname@gmail.com. About two months ago, I changed the name of the business but I can't find anywhere in Google where I can change that old email address/login. This email address is not client facing AT ALL (no one knows about it - I have a regular email address at my company's domain) but it's still a bit annoying to log into my Google business account (webmaster, analytics, etc.) having to type in a company business name that is no longer relevant.

Why don't I just create a new account? I already have the analytics, Webmaster tools, site mapping, and business information with my verified brick and mortar business address associated with this account. That took a lot of time and I would prefer to not have to start it all over!!!

In an ideal world I can just change the login username and never look back. Not really sure how to get in touch with Google about this topic, so I'm hoping someone here can help. Much appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There is no such procedure to "change" the gmail address of a GoogleMyBusiness account managing a concrete GoogleMyBusiness listing.

You however can (not only in an ideal world) but in the real GoogleMyBusiness-World transfer the adminrights as well as the ownership of any GoogleMyBusiness account to a new Account.

Read more in the real world of Googles Help Center:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a problem when i open my website is showing the wrong location and i will like to change to the RIGHT adress and put the right hours schedule,please call me at 4078204490,thankyou.