My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google allows Fake reviews!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My profile photo

I was ripped off by a Web Tech Name Roger Phillips with XCurrent Web design. He took thousands of dollars on two websites he never finished. I left him a bad review and he came to my Google Business page and left 7 fake Reviews. I contacted Google 3 times by way of phone. They finally removed 95% of the fake reviews that roger had left with fake accounts. Google leaves the one Fake comment by Roger Phillips, but removes all of his other fake ones? Yelp and many other outlets have banned him and his business for abuse but GOOGLE lets fake reviews stand on Good businesses name. I Called Google one last time and they told me there was nothing they could do? ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGED! Google is just as criminal as the people faking reviews. I even paid AdWords with them. I have canceled my AdWords and Quit My Business listing so this fake review does not Hurt My 5 Star Ratings with everyone else on the net! Even After Google has removed the other Fake Ratings BY THE SAME PERSON, I now have a 3 star rating that was never changed on top of it all!

Here is the Best Part! Google Knows Roger Lives In Florida and My Business is In Colorado. I have never Worked for Roger but yet, Google AGAIN takes all of his other fake comments down but his? GOOGLE KNOWS THIS BUT WONT REMOVE THE FAKE COMMENT!

Here are Misspellings to My Website By Roger! Never Fixed! DUCK CLEANING?

Error 401 Redirects:

Roger Phillips and xCurrent Web Design have also been reported to " The Ripoff Report! "
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XCureent-Web-Desing/internet/XCurrent-Web-Design-Roger-Phillips-XCurre...

Here is My Business Listing with the Criminals of Google!
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Absolute+Floors+%26+More+LLC/@38.9032591,-104.6849009,15z/data=!4m...

Whats the Deal Google? This is how you run Business on the net? We wonder why there are so many scams and problems with the Internet but Google is really the main reason why!

Here is a Picture Of Yelp Removing the Same Comments he left On there Sites. Shame on You Google!

Here are some of the Fake Accounts from Roger Phillips from Xcurrent Web Design. NICE ONE GOOGLE!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I hear you. I am also currently undergoing problems with damage to my business because of a fake review. I had a stranger leave a defamatory review on my site. Someone from another country who I've never deal with with and who has a history of doing this to other businesses. Even the counter-reviews and responses were removed by Google, but the fake one remained at the top of the list for nearly three years....outrageous. And Google is responsible for the damage because they published it. 

The good news is, after much pestering, I finally managed to get hold of their legal team who responded and removed it...but no explanation or offer of compensation (yet).

I think they only way they will change their faulty review system is through legal action forcing them to follow the law and "do the right thing". 

I hope you manage to get this sorted quickly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I looked at this review and i believe you can have it removed. The reviewer states "This company is a complete fraud". That is a a defamatory statement. Google has published it, been notified of it, but haven't removed it, therefore they have defamed you. 

You have legal grounds upon which to act. I suggest you contact their legal team at https://support.google.com/legal or removals@google.com

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much! Im at the point of not even caring about this. Google is just as criminal as those that do fraud on the net. It was obvious enough for them to remove all of the other fake comments by Roger Phillips but his first comment is still active. Roger Has been removed from many other outlets such as Yelp for misconduct and abuse. I think this come down to Roger using Adwords for his horrible business. Google would not want to lose his money to fish for easy money.

This is a Prime example of how and why the internet criminal activity is so easy to get away with. Its a shame to know that I can literally go and provide fake reviews to any business through Google and get away with Murder basically. I will never have faith In Google. EVER! My business thrives aside from all of this and I have done Adwords. That is the biggest waist of money I have ever done for my business. I got phone calls but for people looking for other businesses. Thanks for the fake reviews and wasting my money Google!

Again, thank you very much for the response Bruce. That really means a lot! Im glad to see there are some good people left on the net! :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You were right! They removed my Rebuttal to his comment! I had to make another one today.