My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google + URL help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name : ZeroPointTwelve Designs
2. Current business address Not assigned yet.
3. Current telephone number 888-622-2266
4. Google+ URL  This is what I'm having issues with!

Not sure if this is the forum to ask but I have multiple domains set up in my google apps and this seems to be preventing me from creating a url domain for my google + as it want's to use my original domain I set up. Can anyone help me with this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google + URL help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi There,

Make sure your page meets the minimum requirements

Eligibility requirements
To get a custom URL, your account needs to be in good standing and meet a few other requirements.

-For local Google+ pages: Must be a verified local business
-For all other Google+ pages: Must be linked to a website

Read the documentation https://support.google.com/business/answer/6068603?hl=en

FYI: You may not get access to the vanity URL feature right away as there is an approval/vetting process.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Ilona E

In addition to @Jordan Burleson's points, it's important to note that the term 'custom URL' is in fact quite misleading. You can not choose the URL, Google's algorithms will assign one to you based on an unknown set of parameters and these 'custom URLs' don't always make sense. Also if you are using a domain other than .com the custom URL will usually include the TLD of that domain (e.g. for website.com.au the URL will usually be something like "websiteAU").

If you are offered a URL that you are not happy with, then you can only refuse to accept it and hope for a better one to be offered down the track. This article by another GMB TC provides a nice workaround if you do not like the custom URL being offered, but do not want to use Google's long set of numbers in your marketing etc: http://localu.org/blog/alternative-google-plus-custom-urls/

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Morning,

Thanks for your reply. Seems the ghost in the machine fixed this for me. The google + page moderator instructed me to send feedback if all the links sent by him didn't help, long story short. I went to send feedback, forgot I had to take a screenshot, went back to original google my business page where the URL issue was and voila! I no longer had just the original domain I set up with Google Apps as my custom URL but instead had all domains available to choose from! So issue solved and thank you to all those who replied to both forum requests for help! Great Community!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,
Morning,

Thanks for your reply. Seems the ghost in the machine fixed this for me. See my reply to @Jordan Burleson. Thanks all! Really impressed with the help I received in both forums!