My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Street Map Showing Wrong Building Premises and Address

N/A
# 1
N/A

Dear @Helmut Geissler

Real apologies for late reply. Can you recall few weeks ago I was trying to create 2 duplicate business locations. You suggested to re-brand the current business listing so we starting from scratch now as I cannot find last post I sent but might be due to removal of the account so I have reverified the account.

Our name of the listing was called Brackley Computer Services (now fully verified) (see below Map URL) but amended it to Brackley Information Technology & Web Services. There is a bug/problem on the Google Street Map, There is a 'See outside' image of a complete wrong street view of our very old premises which was 10 High Street Brackley and labelled as 10 High Street Brackley but we are 2 High Street. The account and our address is setup as 2 High Street but the Google Street View is showing 10 High Street. There is nowhere or a setting to reposition this street view image nor to change the address from 10 High Street to 2 High Street.

https://encrypted.google.com/#q=brackley+information+technology

www.bitaws.co.uk

Please advise how to correct this as it is false to viewers.

Thank you

Harvey Sharman

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Harvey,

Are you saying the pin marker is in the wrong location? Or simply that the street view image is depicting the wrong location? 

If the marker is in the wrong place, you can edit the location in GMB and also send a community edit regarding the road marker being incorrect, since Google clearly thinks 2 High Street is about 100 feet from the Market Place junction. 

If the street view image is showing the wrong building at 2 High Street, report the image from the upper-left 3-dot menu when view the imagery on desktop.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 3
N/A

Thank you @Joel H,

The pin marker is correct as I moved it to right place. It is the street view imagery showing 10 High Street buildings with title 10 High Street. When I choose upper-left 3-dot menu to select 'Report a Problem' I only have a choice of 'Request blurring' and 'Report image quality'. Nothing to state that it is the incorrect imagery location building and address? The option for 'Report image quality' there is 'Misplaced image or misaligned navigation arrows'. May be this is the right option but not too clear what those will perform? There should be another option to say 'Street Imagery Wrong Location Address'

Harvey Sharman

N/A
# 4
N/A

Dear @Joel H @Helmut Geissler

Several weeks ago, I followed the instructions to 'Report a Problem' (within 3-dot menu) to state the street imagery is showing wrong address and there were several other options and also did place a further note stating an incorrect street imagery for our business address which also shows as 10 High Street. No one has come back or any feedback of update. The incorrect street imagery is still current. Please can someone help me with this.

I find Google Inc has too much control over this and not as proactive as you would expect.

Harvey Sharman

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The reports aren't handled in real time. And changes to imagery position can take weeks.

So, your business located at https://goo.gl/maps/WDVnWJiPz3K2

Was the maps marker, at any point, located closer to 10 High Street? If so, then the updates to Street View can take time. Sometimes a month or two.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter