My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Struggling here a bit. Ive got a business which is registered, verified and even listed in the local directory's. Also have a google page and everything has been verified. However when we search nothing shows yo with the sub links to the pages. The website is www.truelovestory.me and if anyone can help be greatly appreciated :)

How w

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mark C

I'm not quite sure what you mean by sub links to the pages.

Do you mean the additional site link snippets in the search results below the main website?

Google only shows these when they feel it will be useful to the user, also for the most popular pages in the site, that people tend to visit.

There is nothing you can do apart from build your sites authority, as this grows, site links will appear in search results.

Another possibility is your meta titles. 

Take your Films page, title.

<title>True Love Story wedding films Perth to Margaret River</title>

This could never be displayed as a sitelink as it is too long. The next option for Google would be to look for the H1 tag on page to see if that provides a better idea as to what is on the page.

In your film page case, the title that they could serve, is not in an H1 tag.

screencapture (1).png

If i have totally misunderstood what your question was, please ask again, with a screenshot perhaps ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

Thanks and really appreciate the time taken to come back to me on this. Think you are on the ball there and making sense!

So the title is being picked if too long it then goes to the the H1 tag text?

Ive got another real basic site that I've done and works for some reason on Google Search and barely done a thing with it...see image below.

Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 8.12.24 PM.png

So basically want people to be able to search and see it turn up like that. A lot of people are searching and struggling to find the business in Google.

Thanks again in advance

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi

Yes, it needs to be able to parse the page.

So in the case of your screen shot :

Title of page - easy to recognise

<title>Event Photos - Horse Play Australia</title>

And the same title in H1 on page

screencapture (3).png

So in your case, I would change your titles to something like.

http://www.truelovestory.me/films/

<title> Exclusive Wedding Films - Perth - True Love Story </title>

http://www.truelovestory.me/photography/

<title> Wedding Photography - Perth - True Love Story</title>

But be mindeful that these will only appear when Google feels that these are relevant to the user.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tim and sorry for the late reply with Christmas holiday season and New Years! Ill have a play around and give this a go and hopefully have a win!! Have a great new year ahead of you and appreciate the help.