My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Search showing incorrect address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

Marc here (posting on behalf of my boss Sarah), when you Google our business name 'Appliance Tagging Services', it brings up an address in the suburb Roxburgh Park. I just checked our list of branded pages for our franchises and we don't have one for Roxburgh Park. Where is this address coming from?  How can we change it to our head office? I'd attached a screenshot but it won't let me, keeps saying 'invalid HTML' found in the message body. 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Search showing incorrect address

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Marc, I'm seeing that this address is showing on a few other citations and social media sites like Facebook.

Google could have seen this incorrect information thinking that it is a legit location, and scraped the information to create an incorrect listing for the business.

By looking at the history of the listing I can see that this listing was created in Jan 2015 and it does look like Google created the listing.

Where the listing is verified, to get access please check out this article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Re: Google Search showing incorrect address

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Marc

Are you talking about this listing: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Appliance+Tagging+Services/@-37.629607,144.921093,15z/data=!4m5... ?

If so, then someone has either created this listing, or if Google did indeed create it as per @Lyndsey M's post, then someone has verified it via a postcard code.

If your business does not operate out of this location then I recommend clicking on 'suggest an edit' in the Maps listing (as posted above) and then marking the business closed by clicking on the toggle bar.

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 11.42.19 AM.png

For the reason, select the 'never existed' option.

This will go into moderation in Google maps and may take a little while to get checked. 

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog