My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Search Review Excerpts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all! We have a number of natural reviews on our Google business page, all rated well and pretty good. Our customers like us!

However, when you search for our company, the branded results on the right show excerpts from our review, and one in particular is very much out of context. It says "At the last minute, they came back and tried to squeeze more money out of us." Except the review was mentioning a company that we rescued them from.

Is there any way to either adjust that section, or promote other reviews as that one makes us look really, really bad since it's taken out of context?

Google Review Sample

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Google Search Review Excerpts

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Oh man, yeah... That's definitely no good! It's not a sure fire way to change things, but you can contact customer support here:
https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_glance_summary

Or (usually goes better than phone support honestly) you can send a message on Twitter to @googlesmallbiz. I looked up your business and it looks clear cut to me, so hopefully you'll be able to get that taken care of. I know others in a similar situation (unfair selection of review snippets) have been able to get that addressed through support. Good luck!
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google Search Review Excerpts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh,

Was wondering if you had any luck getting this changed? We are running into the exact same issue and are trying to remedy this as well. We have 16 wonderful reviews and the only 1 star review we have is the one that displays on the search results.

Thanks!