My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Search Finding a Government Business Incorrectly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a city government community center. The building I am in holds numerous offices with different phone numbers for different departments for city services. When you search for the ‘city’ and MY ‘department’, it comes up with the office I am in first but with a different department’s phone number. So, that department is constantly routing calls to us. I have requested that number be changed and it does, then it gets changed back sometime later. There are three departments within this location that really should be listed and come up in search results with certain keywords.

Is there any way to do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Without more info I can't see if this applies - 

Does each department have its own listing?

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177  (scroll down and expand the "Departments within other business, universities, or institutions" section.

If that doesn't give you the information you need, post back with the name, address, phone and website address of the center. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the response. Yes! That article describes what we would like to do, just not how to do it. I've been looking around and I just end back up at 'set up a local business page' with no option to add more than one set of contact information. I must be missing something? 

Main Building: 

'Ogden City Community Services' 1875 Monroe Blvd, Ogden UT 84401

There is no website for the center specifically, just for the city. www.ogdencity.com 

Within that building:

'Ogden City Recreation' 801 629 8253

'Ogden City Public Ways and Parks' 801 629 8271

'Ogden City Cemetery' 801 629 8231

If I Google search...

'ogden city recreation' Ogden City Community Services comes up with the correct address but incorrect phone number.

'ogden city public ways and parks' Our other building comes up with the correct information, but it does not list Ogden City Community Services as a 2nd office for this division (we would prefer both come up as options to the community). 

'ogden city cemetery'  Ogden City Cemetery comes up with the correct address and phone number (no issues there).