My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Nooooooo! My 5 star google review just dissipated? Every review is very important to me. Is there any way to get in back?

1. Janis Krakops Photography

2. 2 Gwendwr Rd, London W14 9BG

3. 07516033940

4. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Janis+Krakops+Photography/@51.4912712,-0.207986,15z/data=!4m2!3m...

5. www.janiskrakops.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Reviews

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Janis, you do have 1 - five star review. Did you have 2?

Re: Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Can you provide as much information you have about the review that went missing? Who was it from? Did you ask for the review or was it unsolicited?

It is likely that your review got filtered or removed for violating Google's review policies. Based on cases I've looked at, here is what I've come up with for reasons why reviews go missing:

URLs in reviews
The person who wrote the review is a manager of your Google My Business Listing
The person who wrote the review works for you
The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Matt,

Yes I had about her review by one of my wedding couples. Review was left by Zaina Joseph, it was very long and personal. I think it would help a lot my business to get it back if possible. I feel really gutter that it's gone because I didn't ask, pay or write it myself, it was genuine revue for a happy client

Thanks,

Janis

Sent from my iPhone

Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Janis K

Do you have a copy of the review text anywhere? If so, can you paste it in here?

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Yes I do. I was so proud of it that I send it over to my photographer friends. Haha

Here it is:

Janis is an amazing photographer who is clearly very passionate about what he does! From the moment we met at our engagement shoot he immediately made us feel extremely relaxed and comfortable.

He was always very clear and prompt in all his correspondence during the build up to the wedding and arrived on time on the day and ensured he didn't miss any important moments and managed to capture an abundance of stunning photos despite the terrible weather.

Conventionally, we were always wowed by glossy airbrushed photos, but surprisingly what we loved most about Janis’ photography was how effortless, natural and raw (untouched) the photos he takes are.

However, what really impressed us the most about Janis was post wedding when he offered us a complimentary 'couple re-do shoot' as despite his best attempts on the day due to the unfortunate weather on our wedding day we didn't get the opportunity to dedicate time for our couple shoot. He since has followed through with this kind offer and took time out of his extremely busy schedule to fit us in and despite not being paid he still put in just as much effort into the shoot as he did on a paid job.

This is a sign of a true professional who oozes passion and takes the work they produce very seriously and for any couple looking for a genuine photographer, Janis is your man!

Sent from my iPhone

Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Janis K Sorry for the delay. I've been completely slammed at work lately.  If possible, ask him to delete the last line of the review. My thought is that the phrase "oozes passion" might be triggering something. I could be wrong but I know certain phrases have been known to cause reviews to be filtered.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
do i really need to ask my client again to rewrite review or can it be done at your end?

thanks,

Janis

Google Reviews

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes your client has to do it. But they should still see the review in their account so they just edit it. Or copy it, delete it and then re-review it.

Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Yeah, I don't have any way of editing anyone else's review.  That would be kinda scary if I did.

Owner of Sterling Sky