My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A new client of ours - a well-known college - has 104 Google reviews. Very few are genuine reviews of the school. How do we get the spurious reviews removed?

Screenshot 2017-03-30 19.27.19.png

Google Reviews

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Robin, it may be a matter of reporting them, and awaiting for Google to review them.

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Nate - we've tried that before. The problem seems to be that Google's criteria for removal are very narrow.

Google Reviews

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Robin B,

See if this link gets you the answers you are looking for "Flag and fix inappropriate reviews"

Wayne

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Wayne

The issue, as we see it, is that Google does not have a 'just plain rubbish' category in its review policies - despite saying "measures help improve people's experiences on Google by ensuring that the reviews they see are authentic, relevant, and useful."

The reviews we have an issue with come mostly under the 'schoolboy prank' heading , which Google don't yet have. But they make the College look unprofessional in search (have a look at them - Eton College Windsor UK - they would be funny if they weren't...

Google Reviews

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

LOL I'd read them if there were such a category :)

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed ;-) - there is a conflict between usefulness and entertainment value sometimes.