My Business
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews for Non-Profits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to turn off google reviews for non-profits? We are an organization providing homeless services, and do not have "customers".

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Reviews for Non-Profits

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alyssa S

Unfortunately you cannot turn off reviews on a business page. Is the business page claimed and verified ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I have verified and claimed it.

Our main concern is one review is continually posted. We report it (as it is harassing, not actually about our services, and poses a major safety risk for our staff as it gives first and last names of three staff members and our agency is a federal half-way house), and it is taken down. It then appears again. This has now happened three times, all posted by the same individual "Cornerstone Whistle Blower". We are lost as to how to proceed with this.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Alyssa S

If you could provided me with a link to the review or business page, i could take a look?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Alyssa S

A link to the actual review please, the link you provided does not display a business

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm sorry, I do not know how to provide a link to the actual review. It just comes up when I google our organization's name.  This might work: https://www.google.ca/#q=cornerstone community association&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2,lf_pqs:EAE&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=43889096,-78850522,1022&tbm=lcl&rldimm=6394172247979303038

It is the first review.

Our website is www.cornerstonedurham.com

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Alyssa S

Okay I found it, will ask for this to be checked.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

Sorry to be persistent, but I have a few staff members who are now fearing for their safety given they have their full names listed on the google review site. A coworker mentioned that they were under the impression google would take down any reviews that are targeted at and named particular staff, but that does not appear to be the case here.

Is there any avenue I can pursue to take this review down? The staff member is going to report it to the police to determine if there is anything that can be done on the police end, but I am not sure if there is anything they can do either.