My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews & Links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Recently, the fantastic Google system removed a genuine customer review, bringing my average rating down. I would obviously like to rectify this and as Google help have done literally everything they can to ignore the situation as they can't be bothered to help - I wondered if there was any way I could get this rating back on track without them?!

The easiest way would be to provide my customers with a link to review my website, but it seems Google don't allow that (god knows why?!), are there any shortcuts to bypass this ridiculous rule? Most of my customers are elderly, trying to guide them through a system to find my business in order to review it is near impossible. 

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. In fact any help would be 100% more than google have provided, if only they had a public review system!!

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Reviews & Links

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
the "fantastic Google system" is using a review filtering system based on many criteria to prevent any violations of their reveiw policy guidelines.

Without knowing any details there is for certain no help possible

Re: Google Reviews & Links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is the most worrying thing, I respect the fact they are trying to combat this but it isn't fool proof. I've seen a massive decrease in enquiries since my rating suddenly went down for no apparent reason. Gone from 3 months of work to 3 weeks of work - literally.
I've worked so hard to receive a perfect 5* rating from all my customers, so to have the favour returned to me in this manner is so disheartening, at the same time nobody at Google giving any help or advice just ignoring it and talking like robots. Google needs to have a serious look at itself, it's damaging businesses, not aiding them and in turn it's affecting the consumers who will go to an unproven business. It's a disgrace.