My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews Not Loading

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know what you are thinking!  No, these are not reviews that may or may not have been written.  This is not a matter of reviews disappearing.  This is a loading error.  A different number of reviews will load each time I click on the reviews on a Google Business page.  This is not an isolated incident.  Review acquisition and monitoring software companies are having trouble pulling all of the reviews into their system as well.  I picked an example with a relatively low number of reviews so I could demonstrate.  There are times when no reviews load at all.  

0 No Reviews.png0 Review Day.png 

I have tried different browsers, IP's, ISP's, devices and yet the problem persists.      

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The API team has mentioned there's a current issue they're working to resolve. But I'm not sure it is related, if you're simply talking about a front end loading error. 

I'm not sure it is okay to scrape reviews from the page - maybe that's why you're experiencing the error. 

FWIW, I'm not able to reproduce and can scroll and see all reviews in the listings you've posted. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear:Joel,

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the thread.  I was wondering if I was the only one that noticed it.  I had been seeing the issue for about 4-6 weeks and no one else was able to confirm it.  The issue has become progressively worse.  Even if it does allow you to scroll, it is likely that it is not loading all of the reviews if you count them.  It can be difficult to recreate because the results are so inconsistent.  I work with a company that has a direct API with Google for reviews.  My system does not scrape reviews it just monitors review activity, so that is not the cause.  I cant tell you how thankful I am for you sending me to the other thread.  Its good to know Google is aware of the issue and working on a fix.  

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Not a problem. I would suspect that the scrolling via a browser is different than the issue of getting consistent results through the API. Though, I can also imagine scenarios where they could be related. 

Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The only reason it will not scroll is because there are no other reviews loading.  I put the "does not scroll" arrow in there so people didnt assume I was just not scrolling down to see the other reviews.  It is just an issue with loading reviews.  I have been able to have better success on a (Safari) mobile device with reviews but it still isnt consistent.  I was able to see 9 reviews for a business 10 hours ago, it now only loads one review.  Cant wait for a fix on this one.      

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I know you said you've tried multiple browsers, etc..., but in my experience that's a JS issue which can be resolved by clearing cache and cookies.