My Business
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Review disappeared from my business profile

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A customer left a great review on Google about my business. After a couple of days I was surprised to see it was no longer there.

As my business have only two reviews ( one at present) it is really frustrating to see a good review disappear.

I contacted the customer to enquire about the reason for him retracting the review and it turned out he had never removed it.

Do you know why this review disappeared from my google profile and can the problem be fixed?

I read google reviews policy, it is none of the cases mentioned there, it is a genuine review.

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arsen S
May

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Arsen S

Google has an algorithm that filters reviews that violate its policy. TC Joy Hawkins just wrote a blog post about this earlier this week so maybe the filter just ran - I would recommend you search and read her post about this. Since you've already read over the Google Review policy, here are some less obvious reasons why this could happen: the reviews were both made from your business location, the reviewer shared an IP address with someone who already reviewed your business, or the reviewer used your WiFi & accessed their Google account then left a review (on your WiFi or not). Or maybe the issue is with the review itself - if it contained language Google didn't like or referenced a URL. 

The best thing you can do is actively request reviews from your customers to get fresh positive reviews!

Allie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Allie,

Thank you for you reply.

I was just on the phone with a google representative and unfortunately they cannot say why the review has been removed or who removed it. They cannot even say which part of their policy has been violated. They also say it cannot be reinstated.

I saw the review when it was initially posted and I can confirm it did not contain any URL, names or inappropriate language, and it was definitely not posted from our business location. It was a genuine customer, not anyone connected to our business.

Therefore I am quite confused. It seems google do not care. If it was a bad review it would stay forever, no matter who had left it or for what reason or purpose.

Anyway, thanks again for your input, I will definitely check the blog post you mentioned.

Kind regards

Arsen

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Arsen S

beside of reading the linked blog of Joy you should also read my todays response to user " @imran a " in here:

Google Reviews disappear

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as @Arsen S. We revceived a legitimate business review from one of our clients and it was removed after 2 days. It did not violate any of the policies nor was it SPAM.

Seems a little unfair of Google to make such judgements without even bothering to contact the business, for which the review was written. Google could do this to all reviews if it wanted to if you think about it.

Businesses/ Small companies go to great lengths to request people to write reviews. Clients use their time to do so. For Google to then simply take reviews off is somewhat of a power trip and unfair. Problem is nothing can be done about it. Perfect example is when @Arsen contacted Google they could not provide an answer as to why the review had been removed.

Thanks Google!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

HI @No Limit Adventures

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I'm closing this aged thread for new  replies now