My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Review Missing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I just started a new review campaign to current and past customers. With it being a goal of mine this year to get more reviews on Google by being proactive and asking. It's frustrating if Google removes them if I get a couple in a week. Is this why?

Anyways I got three new reviews in about a week and wondering if this is why the one was removed. They were all written by my customers on their own time. How do I get my review back?

Business Name: WaterMark Design

Business Address: 19120 Freeport Street Northwest #686, Elk River, MN 55330

Phone: 612-760-1471

Google+ Url: https://plus.google.com/+WaterMarkDesignElkRiver

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
October 2016

Google Review Missing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark

I understand your frustration - reviews can be painful to get and losing even one is very sad. Google doesn't share its review approval algorithm but a sudden burst of reviews in a short period of time, particularly for a new business or one that has not previously had many reviews can cause a spam trigger.

i'd recommend keeping the pace of review asking slow and steady to minimise the risk of any future reviews being removed.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Google Review Missing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you PriyaC. 

I've already started spacing my review asks out and it seems to be helping.

I believe that was the problem that I had asked a bunch of past clients at once and a whole bunch then came through, so Google removed a couple. Luckily my customers understood and resubmitted another review a few weeks later when I told them what happened.