My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Review Contains Unrelated Retaliation Comments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business partner has power of attorney over her mother's affairs and is dealing with a local contractor. After she filed a better business bureau complaint against this company (http://www.bbb.org/charlotte/business-reviews/home-builders/johnson-homes-in-cherryville-nc-124100).

After he went through the process with my business partner, he posted a negative review on for our company, for which he has NEVER done business with us and it a retaliation tactic. (Episode 11 Productions)

What is Google's guidelines for something like this? He posted in numerous other locations like Yelp, Bing, and YP but those were removed for the obvious reason. 

We flagged it about two weeks ago to Google but nothing has been done and there is nothing in the guidelines that covers this scenario.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Review Contains Unrelated Retaliation Comments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Randy Davis V

Is it the review by Robert Johnson?

Looking at it, I don't think this will be removed, because :

Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience.

Review Guidelines

Review Flag

Sorry, but the reviews are the single biggest let down of Google Business Pages.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
See, therein lies the problem. This man have NEVER done business with us. This is something where google lags behind. YP, Bing and Yelp all removed this very same message.

Randy (The Reel Man) Davis
Director
https://episode11productions.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I know this @Randy Davis V

Until Google changes the way they allow or manage reviews, there is naff all that can be done. It is what it is.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership