My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Profile Converted to My Business Without Consent

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

So basically I have 2 google profiles connected to my email address, this is from when google took over youtube, now I only use one profile, and I generally only use for email and google play services, it was all working fine until I changed my phone and now I am unable to login to my google play game service handle (forcing me to create a new one and my old profile still exists apparently) when I checked the account it is now using my unused profile, and it is not showing my normal profile, i can select both profiles on youtube but nowhere else, however I have just found my normal profile is a business with my unused profile as manager!!

I also opened this on the Google Play Help forum, But I thought that this might be more appropriate.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/play/zbEE9yLtJYc

I am not a business!

What is going on???

Full Business Name (Acording to google) : Bushuu

Current business address : I'm sorry but I'm not handing out my PERSONAL address!

Current telephone number : I'm sorry but I'm not handing out my PERSONAL phone number!

Google+ URL : https://plus.google.com/110124423743069443518

P.S.

Your also FORCING me to accept a terms of service I don't want anything to do with.... TO GET HELP!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Profile Converted to My Business Without Consent

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Boosh b

since https://plus.google.com/110124423743069443518/about is a brand page you can very easy get rid of it if you like.

It should be listed in here: myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts

And you can delete it by clicking it and then hit "DELETE"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

It's unclear what happened when you acquired your new phone: what device is it (Android / iPhone / Windows) and did you use the correct e-mail credentials when setting up the phone / signing into your Google account?

Unless things have changed recently, an e-mail address with a Google account normally has one Google+ profile representing a person attached to it (there were exceptions whereby YouTube users were able to create Google+ pages directly, if my memory serves me right): what happens when you log into your Google account in a new browser session with your usual e-mail address and then go to plus.google.complus.google.com/110124423743069443518 looks like a Google+ page, as far as I can see. What is the address of the other / old Google+ profile that you'd like to use?

Unfortunately, it's likely that you'll be referred to different forums and communities other than here, probably the Google+ Help Community, since this community deals with Google My Business, not Google+.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Old phone Samsung Galaxy S5 (SMG900f)

New phone Nexus 6P

So, Both android

Yes I used the same credentials, as I say one profile was with the email when created, the other on YouTube before Google took it over, now I can not select the other profile on anything other than YouTube, it is now a business page, and Google my business is something that I did not know about until I found my profile as a business on it!

I have done nothing to make it change!

Regards
Richard

P.S.

When I login on a computer I only get the unused profile, unless on the Google my business page or YouTube.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

You appear to have no idea what I'm saying.

Oh and please do not refer to me as Boosh b

That's not my name... my Name is Richard, and my actual Handel is Bushuu

*Handle

(not the composer)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Boosh b

Hi Richard

sorry you felt bothered by "@Boosh b".

But this is just using the forum option to make sure you get a notice  "soemeone mentioned you".

Its the normal forum feature to make it easier to react faster on responses.

Any contributor of the forum can use this feature and I do so in general.

Have a nice day though

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

It sounds like you have created that brand Google+ page / business page for your YouTube account: many people did this so to avoid being linked to their Google+ profile that may have their real name. Does this apply to you? There have been numerous changes around Google+, and brand Google+ pages are now found under business.google.com / Google My Business. It is very much a misnomer, since Google+ pages represent things (e.g. a pseudonym for YouTube), and they are not restricted to businesses.

And just to clarify: you only see that Google+ page in YouTube but not elsewhere (you only have the unused Google+ profile)? That'd make sense to me, since a Google+ page is not a Google account as such (unless you had created a Google account for it), so it wouldn't appear as an option in most other Google products / services.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I know I created the email with what should have been the profile 'Bushuu' as that is part of my email, then I signed up to YouTube to post comments and therefore gave it the name Boosh billy, and I use to have the selection of both wherever I logged in with my Google account, but now just YouTube, my business.