My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Plus Business Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I opened my google plus account a few days ago. I have had a google gmail account for several years.I want to use google plus for my business. I am not sure that I opened the account properly. When I am in google plus and go to the top right corner, I see a circle with the letter D in it. When I click on it, there is a drop down window that shows my google gmail account, and TWO google plus brand accounts.They have the same business name. When I click on them I get slightly different screens. I don't think TWO accounts should appear? It would be confusing to customers. I would like to delete one of them if TWO are not needed, but I do NOT want to delete my gmail account which I currently use. Are TWO accounts normal? Looking for help.  Dan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Plus Business Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dante C

The drop down with "Brand Account" naming is weird and I have no idea why they did that.

Best way to see what is in your account is via the Dashboard >> https://business.google.com/manage/#/list

Google My Business Dashboard Guide

Top Tip, always use in Card View, rather then List View >> list view is for bulk management accounts.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,   Thank you for your reply. I somehow seem to have TWO pages open, neither have been verified yet.  Waiting for the post card to arrive.  I am still trying to determine if I should delete one, I don't want to delete my gmail account. Do you know if there is a support phone number I can call.  I could probably straighten this out quickly by phone with the right person.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Contact Business Support 

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

OR - Go to Dashboard >> Manage Location

Top Right ( Hamburger Menu ) >> Support

Contact Business Support.png

Select Support >> Help Menu Pops Up

Scroll Down to Email

Contact Business Support Email and Call Back.png

Fill in the details >> Request Call Back or Email

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dante C
November 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim, I followed your directions in your outline and did actually speak
to a real person. She was very helpful and resolved the problem. Now I can
move forward with google+. Thank you again for all your help in getting me
to the right person. It made all the difference.
Dante

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Awesome @Dante C

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am filling in content into my Google+ profile such as my business description and introduction. Within the content I would like to hyperlink some of the words just like it allows you to do while you are responding to this post. I have done this over 30 times before for previous business pages but cannot seem to get the link icon to work when I am editing or adding content to my Google+ Business Page profile. Google support was not able to help me with this issue and I am hoping someone here can.