My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Places trying to add a second Google + page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help! I'm trying to claim my Google Places listing but when I get to the second or so step it says that it will be "creating a Google + page for this business", but I ALREADY HAVE a Google + Business page linked to my YouTube account etc... How do I claim my business and prevent Google from creating unnecessary pages?? I want to streamline things for my customers; not confuse the hell out of them!

places.JPG

Cheers for your help.

West Coast Aikido Academy of Western Australia
Unit 5 / 43 Dellamarta Road, Wangara Western Australia 
+618 9309 6506
plus.google.com/+wcaikidobudo

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Places trying to add a second Google + page

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi West Coast A,

"I presume you are logged in to Google My Business with same email address which you have used to create your existing page (plus.google.com/+wcaikidobudo)."

The page (plus.google.com/+wcaikidobudo) is however a Brand Page that you have created and would not show up on maps. The listing you are trying to claim is a maps listing. Hence, do not worry, simply proceed with the step of creating a Google+ page and fill all necessary information. Once done, please request a Verification Code and wait for a maximum of 14 days (In case of postcard). Phone verification should happen instantly. In case you have provided a landline number in your business details, please choose call or text as per availability.

Once your new page gets verified and live, please follow the steps below to merge your existing brand page and the new page:
1. Click Manage this location (Card View) for your new page.
2. Click the three dash menu Three dash menu in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
3. Click Settings .
4. Scroll to the "Profile" section at the bottom of the menu.
5. Click Connect a different page.
6. From the dropdown menu below “Will be linked to this page,” choose the Google+ page that you’d like to connect to your Google My Business listing. You won't see this option unless you're the owner of the Google+ page.
7. Click Next.
8. Review the list of changes that will be made to both your Google My Business listing and your Google+ page.
9. Click Confirm.

Note: In some countries the interface has changed, please reply in case you could not get through with these steps.

Best,
Sujay

Re: Google Places trying to add a second Google + page

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

Are you talking about claiming this business? https://www.google.com/maps?cid=10930253639118144449

If so, that business has already been claimed - if it is not in your dashboard you will need to follow the steps here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en to get possession of the page.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog