My Business
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Places - My business is not showing on Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

My page is correctly set up at https://business.google.com/u/2/b/116512582364692397711/dashboard/l/17037021417670265402?hl=en-GB

However I'm not showing up on Google Maps or places. 

Can someone tell me the reason for this as I've followed all of the necessary steps correctly.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Places - My business is not showing on Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mantis C, the link you provided doesn't help us. It is an internal link to your GMB dashboard that you need to be logged into your account to see.

What are the business details (Name, Address, Phone)?

When you say "I'm not showing up on Google Maps or places", what are you searching for? The business name?

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Mantis C

what do you expect?

You defined and appear with a very huge Service Area with "hidden address"

Screenshot 2016-09-12 at 14.42.11.png

covering almost the entire UK and parts of western Europe.

(think about the Brexit votum LOL though)

But seriously:

having a service area radius of 999 kilometers is of no benefit at all and since you did not checked the option “I serve customers at my business address” your address will intentionaly hidden to the public.

Its all explained in here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan,

Our business name is Mantis Cranes Ltd, the address is Upper Higham Lane, Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire NN10 )SU and our phone number (which I've been attempting to change but it is not going through for some reason) is currently 07515 051346.

I've changed it to say that we serve customers at our location, though we do not as we're a depot. Someone advised that this may help us.

Am I doing something wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was expecting it to show the location of my business. We do not service customers directly at our site but it's important for prosective customer to see where we are location.

I have it set to 999kms as we deliver everywhere across the UK.