My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Places Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.  We have had a presence on Google Places for a while, until just after Christmas and we seem to have disappeared.  I have since logged on to my business and updated a few things but I still haven't re-appeared.  Please could someone tell me if we are doing something wrong?

Many thanks

Katie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Places Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
we need more details about the disapppeared bsuiness page to invstigate
(Name address phone number & website - at least)
Helpful would be the URL of the page in your dashboard as well

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Red+Arrow+Drains+-+Scarborough/@54.279216,-0.401346,15z/data=!4m...
above is the url for the marker that I am looking at in particular.

Our company name is Red Arrow Drains, we have 3 locations one in Filey, North Yorkshire which comes up on places fine, but it is the other above that has disappeared which is our branch in Scarborough. Our Blackburn location is also fine. Our dash board is below (but I don't think that's the right link)
https://business.google.com/manage/u/1/#/list
Thank you for your reply.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

please take a look onto my screen capture below:

Screenshot 2016-01-07 at 18.39.52.png

Do you see the red line crossing the Atlantic from the UL  to the US?

It isn't just a "line" its the boundary of a very strange triangle marking your "Service Area" of "Red Arrow Drains - Scarborough"

I now need now a screen capture of what you specified in your dashboard (business.google.com/manage) fro the page in question.

Go to business.google.com/manage and click fro the page in question "MANGAE LOCATION" making a screenshot and click the "Edit" making an other screenshot.

BTW the business page of the above business isn't disappeared: 

Its just this page: plus.google.com/116289385275317660675

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2016-01-07.png2016-01-07 (2).png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@RED ARROW D

I'm surprised and puzzled

searching for the address "Londesborough lodge The Crescent, Scarborough YO11 2PW" as shown in your second screenshot (marked there as "pending") I get a very much better "service area" as this strange Ocean crossing triangle (as on my above screenshot)

I now get this:

Screenshot 2016-01-07 at 19.28.02.png

I therefore believe (an taking in account the remark "pending" as on your screenshot) your business page is fallen prey any kind of an address issue.

Can you please try changing the address in your dashboard to just "The Crescent, Scarborough YO11 2PW" (even better would be to specify it like "7 The Crescent , Scarborough YO11 2PW" - or any appropriate street address)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have now made changes and just left it as the crescent, and we will see what that brings when the changes go live. May I say thank you so much for the time you have taken to try to resolve this for me, this has been hindering my thoughts for some days!

Thank you once again
Katie

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You are welcome Katie
And it seems your address change of your business page fixed at least the Atlantic crossing triangle.

If I now search for just "Red Arrow Drains - Scarborough, The Crescent, Scarborough"in GMaps I get the radius SAB only. - The bloody triangle is now gone!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much once again, hope this fixes the issues.

Take care and thank you again

Katie