My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Place Listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is plenty of questions and answers out there on Google Places...I have reviewed, edited and watched numerous videos on how to get my Google Places in the box at the top of the page (with no results so far).  I am hoping that someone out there, can share with me why I am not showing up.  I contacted Google and they sent me information on how to get there (done that).  Here is my situation:

My website is www.butterandeggadventures.com

my key word search is:  (zip lines in alabama)

I am usually listed as two or three organically, have dozens of power listings via my Yext account, several reviews (trying to get more)

My Google Places page is: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Butter+and+Egg+Adventures/@31.8203588,-85.9206812,16z/data=!4m2!3m...

Any thoughts, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Google Place Listings

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Ron, ranking for "zip lines in Alabama" is going to be a long shot. Google My Business is designed for searches with a higher degree of local intent. Searching for Alabama covers an entire state. The only two results I see for that search are State Parks. That is going to be hard to compete with.

Performing a search for Zip Lines in Troy AL, brings you up as a one-box.

So keep focusing on the organic results for the state wide searches and the GMB for searches within Troy and maybe even some surrounding areas.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Ron P

not sure it matters Ron.

But there is somethings pretty bad with your website butterandeggadventures.com  (rather then your working business page plus.google.com/100491848792585398535)

The website butterandeggadventures.com gives me an errror:

Screenshot 2015-12-30 at 16.21.40.png

At least there is no reason to show your business page on a keyword search for (zip lines in alabama) even in case its part of the business description.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Helmut, thanks for the reply. Not sure what you IP is, but I am blocking from some countries due to heavy hits. Most of them are from Russia and China. What is your first IP number and then I can tell if you are in those. On your other note, you mention (zip lines in alabama)...are you talking about the description just under the title?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I'm in Germany but I get daily a new IP from my Internet provider

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think that I have cleared your IP...Try again go to www.butterandeggadventures.com
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Ron, ranking for "zip lines in Alabama" is going to be a long shot. Google My Business is designed for searches with a higher degree of local intent. Searching for Alabama covers an entire state. The only two results I see for that search are State Parks. That is going to be hard to compete with.

Performing a search for Zip Lines in Troy AL, brings you up as a one-box.

So keep focusing on the organic results for the state wide searches and the GMB for searches within Troy and maybe even some surrounding areas.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Thanks @Colan for chining in

and nope @Ron P

I get the same forbidden error while accessing your  website

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Helmut, I seem to be able to access the website ok.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Colan. I see your point, but try "zip lines in georgia" and you will find several stand alone facilities like ours. Same for North Carolina....

I am just about sure that I have more of the NAP listings than anyone else. I just can't put my finger on this....

Your thoughts are very much appreciated.