My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google+ Page not showing in search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings:

I can locate the business' Google+ page by searching "business name google+" and the Google+ page comes up - I can then see posts, images, etc. But if I type just the business name into search, only the map, location and contact info comes up on the right panel, but never a link to the Google+ page! What's going on? Do I need to take any action to make it appear in search again? THANKS!

I've found a few sources online stating that Google has removed Google+ pages from search results, but cannot find anything official from Google regarding this. (Here's one of them: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-links-and-reviews-dropped-from-google-search-results/14126...

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Google+ Page not showing in search results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Francesca A

Although Google have not issued any official information on this, it is indeed the case (and has been for a while) that you can not access the Google+ page from the Knowledge Panel anymore.

As you've pointed out it is possible to find the page by searching "business name google+"; you can also find the page by searching directly within Google+ itself.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Francesca A

Although Google have not issued any official information on this, it is indeed the case (and has been for a while) that you can not access the Google+ page from the Knowledge Panel anymore.

As you've pointed out it is possible to find the page by searching "business name google+"; you can also find the page by searching directly within Google+ itself.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Francesca A,
Your G+ page can indeed rank in Google search. While Priya is correct, they are no longer displayed in the Knowledge Graph or in Maps.
You can however get the Page itself to rank in organic search results.

A G+ Page is treated link any other web page on the Internet. So, if you link to your G+ page, have other websites link to your page (say in blog posts) then the G+ page has a chance to show in organic search.

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO